Yes, there are various items that Sella will not accept.
For the most part, common sense rules when it comes to prohibited items: if you know that your item is illegal to sell or possess, do not give it to us. In addition, you may not use Sella for any of the following:
- FDA-regulated items such as food, food supplements and vitamins, diet products, home remedies, and homemade cosmetics
- Stolen or counterfeit goods
- Weapons, including firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, knives (excepting those used for cooking or in multitools), and any other items intended to be used as weapons
- Alcohol or tobacco products
- All live animals
- Taxidermy, wet specimens or trafficked materials
- Explicit items, including pornographic or obscene materials, as well as sex toys and fetish items
- Offensive items, including items that Sella determines are promoting or glorifying hatred, racism, or discrimination
- Counterfeit or knockoff designer goods designed to imitate a specific logo or brand
- Motorcycle Helmets
A Note About Weapons
Sometimes weapon-like items can be flagged by marketplaces, even if they’re intended for sport purposes (for example, archery equipment). This can happen when marketplaces use automated photo-recognizing tools, which sometimes misidentify items as weaponry and then flag those items for review.
If your item is removed by a marketplace in error, we will appeal on your behalf. However, if your item is determined to be prohibited after a review, we can’t sell it. Instead, we’ll work with you to return your item.
A Note About Medical Devices
Most marketplaces have strict rules about selling medical devices, regardless of condition.
There are some exceptions for items that are “medical” or health-related in nature, but not technically governed by the FDA (for example, some skin and hair treatments).
If you aren’t sure about your item, consider reading through various marketplace policies before submitting your order.
Because we list items on various resale marketplaces, we take care to adhere to each site’s rules and regulations. Here’s a list of prohibited items by marketplace:
If you’re not sure if your item is prohibited, please contact our support team at email@example.com.