Listing Prep: $5.99
This one-time fee covers all the work done by our resale team to get your items ready to sell: cataloging your items, taking marketplace-quality photos, conducting pricing research, evaluating comparable listings across marketplaces, and writing compelling listings.
Daily Management and Advertising on 5+ Marketplaces: $.15/day
We list items on 5+ marketplaces, and for $0.15/day per item, our marketplace team will manage your active listings across every site, conduct promotions, analyze interest engagement from interested buyers, and ultimately handle all buyer communication, offers and negotiation to get your items sold.
Secure Hub Storage: $.05/day per cubic foot
We make sure your items are as safe as possible while in our possession. This fee ensures your items are insured, securely packed and stored from the moment they arrive at a Sella Hub. Storage fees are size-dependent, charged at a rate of $0.05/day per cubic-foot.
Pack & Ship
Shipping is $10 for standard size items. Oversize and fragile items are taken to a UPS Store to be professionally packed, and we pass on the additional UPS Pack & Ship cost with zero markup.
When items sell locally on sites like Craigslist, your Sella rep will arrange a meetup with the local buyer to complete the sale. You'll be charged $3 for local meetups when an item sells (don't worry, there's no charge if a buyer flakes or no-shows).
This includes marketplace commissions and payment processing fees. Online payment processing is charged at the industry standard rate of 2.9% + $0.30, but marketplace commission rates can differ across sites:
- Craigslist: 0% commission plus payment processing (2.9% + $0.30)
- Facebook: 0% commission plus payment processing (2.9% + $0.30) *commission increases to 5% starting July 2023*
- Mercari: 10% commission plus payment processing (2.9% + $0.50)
- Poshmark: 20% commission for sales over $15, flat $2.95 fee for sales under $15
- eBay: Most items are 10% commission plus payment processing (2.9% + $0.30), but the commission rate depends on the item category. As with other marketplaces, we pass through their fees directly to you. For info on different category commission rates, see eBay's guidelines.
- OfferUp: 10% commission plus payment processing (2.9% + $0.30) for shipped sales, 0% commission plus payment processing (2.9% + $0.30) for local sales
Add-ons and other upfront selling costs
There are a few other upfront selling costs that are item and customer-dependent, like professional item authentication and optional curbside pickup. We will always communicate these exact fees ahead of time during your order booking process, to avoid any surprises on your final invoice. We will bill for any services you select as they happen. Some examples:
- Curbside pickup
- Incremental size/weight for Mail-In cost charged by FedEx
- Incremental Mail-In Insurance
- Designer Item Authentication
For examples of selling costs and a full accounting of fees, check out our pricing page and Profit Estimates.